Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I really enjoyed the ASU objectives builder. I learned a lot. I loved how it takes Bloom's taxonomy and uses terms to help you build objectives at the appropriate level. It is a must use for me. The lesson provided a thorough backdrop of why you use objectives and how you use assessment and why they fit together. It was almost like cheating.

A couple years ago, I worked with Kayt Frisch on this. We developed a "the main thing" you should know for each lesson of our respective classes.It was a very useful activity. I found these to be helpful in developing learning objectives. However, I found a few of those "main thing" items to be not easy to assess.

I will be using the ASU objective builder in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the objectives builder so helpful, Craig! I think that oftentimes setting clear learning targets is most helpful for *me* as the instructor. It is a benefit for students as well, of course, to be able to see what they will learn (and why they will learn it.) But I find that having well-structured objectives helps keep my focus for the course where it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete